Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Purpose

My sister is one of the funniest writers I know.  Not only is the subject matter hysterical, but I can "hear" what she's writing and the tone of her words. 
She told me a while back that I should start a blog for the same reason.  I didn't.  I did't want to be a "blogger" cause those people are weird.  They tell WAY too much about their lives and usually it's about how their son or daughter pooped in the tub...  followed by LOL. 
Dont' get me wrong, I enjoy a good poop story (who doesn't?). 

Time went by and I finally joined facebook.  I loved the idea of being able to share short stories/thoughts about my day.  When I went to my high school reunion, so many people told me they check my facebook daily to see if I put something new.  At first I took those semi-stalker comments for drunken banter, mainly because the people were usually holding a beer and their comments sounded like "Bruh, you really swhould write mor, cause that ____ is crazy.  I love you.... no I'm serious, I love you."   I let the ego inflate a little bit, then let it go back to it's previously intolerable range.  Finally the people at work told me that they wanted me to either update my posts more, or blog.  Thus, I blog. 

I plan on putting new stuff as well as older stories that happened during college.  The names and stories will not be changed in order to protect privacy.  So if you're a friend of mine, I hope you're not planning o running for office in the future.  Unless it's in Detroit...

I'm gonna try this then and see how I like it. 



 

3 comments:

  1. Oh _____! You are totally my new favorite blogger! I am so excited! Honestly, I'm a little nervous. You've always been funnier than me. What if both of the people who read my blog decide to read only yours instead? ______.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim & Paul, rest assured that your blogs will be 100% funnier than mine. My blog is somewhat the mother's blog (without the poop stories) that Paul was referring to. However, unless you are related to my child you will probably not find much humor on my blog. I do hope that some day soon though Paul will appreciate the stories from having his own personal experiences. I stick to the pictures only type of blog! I could have one of you write for me and just pretend that I came up with it all on my own. Paul, congratulations! Tell Heather I can't wait to see the pictures you will post. By the way, I commented just to say that I am the first follower! I am new to blogging and I have never been a first follower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ANd yes, your sister is an amazing, hilarious writer....not to mention a great friend too.
    FUn to see you started a blog. I SO can't write things that are funny, so I post a pic each time. :-)

    ReplyDelete